Guidelines regarding consultationsUseful information when coming in for a consultation
Visiting the outpatient clinic
- Consultations are provided without a letter of referral and are generally faster than in the national waiting list.
- If possible, try to arrive at the clinic at least five minutes before the appointment.
- Dress comfortably.
- Leave your overclothes in the coatroom or on the coat rack at the registration desk.
- Before your appointment, think about what you wish to see the doctor for, how long the problem has been active, whether you have received treatment before and how it helped, as well as whether you are currently receiving treatment prescribed by another doctor.
- If you are currently taking any medications, please be sure to inform the doctor and provide details on how they have affected your health and well-being.
- If you have previously had consultations, medical examinations or treatment for the same problems, please provide the doctor with all relevant information.
- Inform your doctor of any other disorders related to your medical problem.